Fantastic simple tinned tuna or crab pasta is a quick and easy no-fuss dinner your family is guaranteed to love. Cooked in a homemade sauce of garlic, parsley, butter, lemon and tomatoes. Stirred through cooked spaghetti.
180g dried pasta, long pasta works well if you have it
145g tinned tuna or crab meat
1 large garlic clove
Few sprigs parsley
Knob of butter, roughly 20g
1 tbsp of olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper to taste
Handful of cherry tomatoes if you have them
- Put a suitable pan of salted water on to boil ready for your pasta. Cook until al dente, maybe a couple of minutes less than the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, start making the sauce. Place a sauté pan on a medium heat with a tbsp olive oil.
- Finely slice the garlic and the parsley stalks, reserving the leaves for later, and add to the pan. You want to soften the garlic but make sure it doesn’t catch.
- Zest in the lemon and the juice of one half. Stirring as you go.
- Add in the tinned crab with any liquid too and season with a good pinch of salt and pepper
- If using cherry tomatoes, half and add to the pan now. Toss to coat.
- Add the pasta to the crab pan, reserving the water, and toss everything together so the pasta is evenly coated. Loosen with a little extra pasta water to make it saucer, if needed.
- Stir through the parsley leaves and serve with the remaining lemon and a good hit of pepper