For the fillings – makes 2-3 of each flavour
Use a combination of the things you like and may need to use up, but below are some examples of what you could use:
2 large handfuls of spinach
60g of any of the following cheese’s: Cheddar / Gouda / Emmental / Mozzarella
3-4 slices ham
2 medium Tomatoes
- Place the flour into a large bowl and crack in the egg. Whisk together and steadily add in the liquid. It should be loose but thick enough to cover the whisk. Season.
- Set aside whilst you do any prep for your filling. Wash your spinach leaves. Grate the cheddar or any hard cheese you are using, and slice the tomatoes.
- Once ready, place a medium frying pan, about 24cm, on a medium heat with a small knob of butter or a good glug of oil.
- Working quickly but carefully, ladle in just enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan and quickly swirl it around to evenly cover the base of the pan.
- Cook for a couple of minutes until it’s starting to crisp around the edges and freely moves from the bottom of the pan.
- Carefully flip the pancake over and then load the cooked side with your toppings. A layer of grated cheese, followed by a thin even layer of ham. Using a spatula, carefully roll the pancake up in the pan and serve.